Dear Friend of Family Caregiver Alliance,
"Of everyone I contacted, Family Caregiver Alliance was the most helpful. I really appreciate and count on the support you provide." - a caregiving daughter
Recently we here at Family Caregiver Alliance had a reason to celebrate an incredible statistic: we have been in over 10,000 homes of caregiving families over the years. And each time, we consider it a privilege to be invited in, sit down and talk about care needs, planning decisions and provide the practical advice, services and support that is needed throughout each family's caregiving journey.
In the past year, we have served over 3,000 caregiving families with tailored information, care planning, counseling, training, respite, legal consultation, caregiver retreats, weekend "camps for caring" and peer groups. Over a million caregivers and professionals use our website, caregiver.org, for information, to sign up for an online support group or download or email our consumer fact sheets and policy briefs.
It is your support that we depend on and that keeps the doors open at FCA. Your gift, no matter what amount, makes a difference. You might be surprised at how much we can do with even a modest gift. Here are some examples of how we make use of the funds we receive:
- $40 allows us to send tailored information packets to 10 caregivers
- $50 allows us to respond to two family caregivers who contact us for information
- $100 underwrites 4 families to attend a caregiver skills building class
- $500 provides assistance to a caregiver to attend a caregiver retreat
- $1000 provides funding for an online support group with over 800 participants
- $1500 sends an adult with Alzheimer's to a weekend camp and respite for the family
So please include FCA in your giving this season. Every contribution counts. We have more homes to visit, more families to support.
No one should have to go it alone as a caregiver. You need a partner. Family Caregiver Alliance is there for you.
FCA Board of Directors
FCA Executive Director
- You can donate to FCA online right now, or you can review your donating options first.
- To donate by phone, call toll free (800) 445-8106 or contact Lana Sheridan at (415) 434-3388 Ext. 326
- To donate by mail, please make checks payable to Family
Caregiver Alliance and mail to the address shown above
- And for information about including FCA in your will or trust please contact Leah Eskenazi at ext. 330