Specialized Caregiver Services for SF Bay Area Residents
These services include information, emotional support, assessment, care planning, links to community resources, legal/financial consultation, respite services, counseling, publications and educational programs. Most services are free or low cost.
Information and Referral
- Information about a broad range of caregiving issues, including care for someone with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias and strategies for avoiding caregiver burnout.
- Fact sheets, newsletters, reports and other publications on health conditions, care planning, legal issues and more. Many FCA publications are available in Spanish, Chinese, and other languages.
- Referral to resources like daycare, support groups, home care, respite and more.
Free Family Consultation
- In-home assessment of your individual care situation
- Information about our respite, education, counseling and legal services
- Assistance with long-term planning
- Referral to community and respite resources
- Ongoing telephone support and consultation
Education and Support
- FCA offers webinars, workshops, presentations and classes throughout the Bay Area. Topics include understanding dementia behaviors, stress management, care planning, practical caregiving skills and more.
- Our support groups (in-person and on-line) bring together caregivers to share ideas, resources and concerns. Groups include a Spanish dementia support group in San Francisco and our on-line groups - Link2Care, LGBT Caring Community, and Caregiver Online.
- Day long caregiver retreats designed to re-energize and rejuvenate.
Who is eligible for FCA's services?
- FCA works with families caring for someone with an adult-onset (18yrs of age or older) brain impairment like Alzheimer's disease, stroke, Parkinson?s disease, MS, ALS, Huntington's disease, TBI, AIDS dementia and brain tumor, regardless of the care receivers age.
- FCA works with family caregivers of older adults (60+ years of age) regardless of diagnosis.
- Services are available to caregivers of low, moderate or higher income regardless of race, ancestry, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, disability, income or age.
How do I contact FCA?
- Call us toll-free at (800) 445-8106 or locally at (415) 434-3388.
- E-mail us at [email protected]
Family Caregiver Alliance contracts with the following agencies for services funded under the federal National Family Caregiver Support Program of the Administration for Community Living and also the State of California:
- Alameda County Adult, Aging and Medi-Cal Services
- Contra Costa County Area Agency on Aging
- San Francisco Department of Aging and Adult Services
- San Mateo County Aging and Adult Services
- Marin County Area Agency on Aging
- California Department of Health Care Services
For Care Planning and Assistance Services for Families & Caregivers Ask Us About FCAPlusTM
Caregiving for a loved one with a chronic health condition can be complicated, and sometimes you need help. Our professional Care Managers work closely with you, offering expert guidance in decision-making and problem-solving tailored to your unique care situation. These services are available in the SF Bay Area. To discuss your situation and the fee for these for these services, call us at 415-434-3388.
E-mail to a Friend