My son Neil was seventeen when he sustained a traumatic brain injury at the hands of a drunk driver who hit him and his girlfriend Trista as they were walking. Trista was killed. That was ten years ago.
Caregiver Connect is designed to connect caregivers to us, to resources, and most importantly, to each other. Here is what you can find here:
- Bay Area Caregiver Resource Center (CRC) — FCA’s Family Consultants can connect family caregivers in the San Francisco Bay Area area with helpful services. There are 11 Caregiver Resource Centers located thorughout California.
- Family Care Navigator — FCA's custom state-by-state resource locator connects caregivers to resources closest to them.
- Research Registry — connects caregivers to clinical trials and research on related to caregivers and care recipients.
- Support Groups (online and in-person) — Each has a specific caregiving focus.
- Caregiver Stories is the story-telling corner of our website . . . learn from the wisdom of experienced caregivers, or just be reminded you're not alone in this task
- Connections e-Newsletter — “Linking you to resources, events, and information”
- FCA social media channels are listed here. Follow FCA on social media and join in the family caregiving conversation.