It all began at the age of six, my mother and father divorced and it left just my mother and me within the family home. It was a fun, yet unusual time growing up as I began to take on tasks that I didn't see other children or friends undertake.
Caregiver Connect is designed to connect caregivers to us, to resources, and most importantly, to each other. Here is what you can find here:
- Bay Area Caregiver Resource Center (CRC) — FCA’s Family Consultants can connect family caregivers in the San Francisco Bay Area area with helpful services. There are 11 Caregiver Resource Centers located thorughout California.
- Family Care Navigator — FCA's custom state-by-state resource locator connects caregivers to resources closest to them.
- Research Registry — connects caregivers to clinical trials and research on related to caregivers and care recipients.
- Support Groups (online and in-person) — Each has a specific caregiving focus.
- Caregiver Stories is the story-telling corner of our website . . . learn from the wisdom of experienced caregivers, or just be reminded you're not alone in this task
- Connections e-Newsletter — “Linking you to resources, events, and information”
- FCA social media channels are listed here. Follow FCA on social media and join in the family caregiving conversation.