Our Education Coordinator is always planning webinars of interest to family caregivers as well as the health practitioners who work with them. Check our calendar in the right column of this page to find webinars and other events already scheduled. We are also open to being contacted by professionals interested in speaking as an expert on a particular caregiving topic.
Archived FCA Webinars (Free Viewing)
Family Caregiver webinars are for family members, partners and friends caring for a loved one living with a chronic or disabling health condition. You'll hear experts and be able to ask questions on topics of interest to you.
- (NEW!): New Ways to Care (Pt.1) - How Family Caregivers Can Use New Technologies at Home
[Speakers: David Lindeman, Rajiv Mehta, Kathleen Kelly — January 14, 2015]
- (NEW!): New Ways to Care (Pt.2) - Guide to Tech Services & Products: Making the Best Match for Your Family's Needs
[Speakers: Kathleen Kelly, Christina Irving, Rajib Gosh, Richard G. Caro, Mary Hulme — January 21, 2015]
- Creating Peer-to-Peer Support Groups for Caregivers (April 10, 2013)
- Moving Beyond the Leakages: Practical Strategies to Manage Incontinence
(Nicole Davis, MSN, ANP-BC, GNP-BC — December 2012)
- Seasons of Care: Wellness and Self-Care for the Family Caregiver
(Andrea Sherman, PhD., and Marsha Weiner, MA — November 2012)
- How to Pay for the High Cost of Long-Term Care Without Going Broke
(Harold L. Lustig — August 2012)
- Working With Siblings To Keep Your Life, Family, and Sanity Intact!
(Francine Russo — April 2011)
- Caregiving 101: Exploring the Complexities of Family Caregiving
Caregiving Professional Webinars (archived)
Caregiving Professional webinars are a part of The National Center on Caregiving Staff Development Series, which focus on program and staff development, research, best practices, and policies that affect family caregivers, program administrators and direct service providers. Open Forums are interactive, peer-to-peer facilitated conference calls that give participants the opportunity to explore current program development and policy trends.
- Caregiver Assessment I: Why and What Should We Assess?
- Caregiver Assessment II: Practice Considerations for System Change
- Creativity & Aging: Creativity, Communication and Dementia
(Drs. Gay Hanna and Anne Basting — Dec. 2011)
- Focus on Texas: Caregiver Assessments
- NASW Standards for Social Work Practice with Family Caregivers of Older Adults
- Making Respite More Effective
(Dr. Dale Lund — June 2011)
- The Impact of Healthcare Reform on Family Caregivers