Managing Stress for Family Caregivers
Are you a family Caregiver of a Veteran? Would you like to learn how to deal with the daily stressors you are facing? There are tools, strategies, and techniques that can help you manage the stress in your life. The Caregiver Support Program invites Caregivers of Veterans who receive care from VA and Veterans who are Caregivers to attend this free program. Talk with your Caregiver Support Coordinator (CSC) to learn more and register to attend. The course is 3 hours and taught by licensed health care professionals. Each class is limited to 25 Caregivers. Everyone will receive a Managing Stress Workbook and a CD with Relaxation Exercises to take home.
What You Will Learn:
- To Identify the Sources of Stress in your Life
- To Change Negative Self-Talk to Positive
- Stress Management Skills :
- Soothing Sensory Massage and Stretching Exercises
- Deep Breathing and Muscle Relaxation
- Imagery and Mindfulness Meditation
- How to Make Relaxation Exercises Work for You
- Journaling to Reduce Stress
- Developing and Using a Personal Action Plan
Please email Scott Maynard at Scott.Maynard@va.gov if you are interested. Pre-registration is required.
Location: Easter Seals Bay Area
160 Wikiup Drive, Suite 102
Santa Rosa, CA 95403