Relationships: The New Medicine for Dementia- Webinar
This webinar is designed to teach non-pharmacologic interventions for the treatment of people with dementia. We will discuss the risks and dangers of using psychotropic drugs for elderly people with dementia and methods for finding and resolving the true cause of a person with dementia’s problematic behavior. We will focus primarily on the importance of creating a culture of comfort in care settings. This webinar is open to caregivers as well as professionals.
Webinar Objectives – At the end of the course, attendees will know how to:
- Understand behavior as a form of communication for people with dementia;
- Focus on unmet needs when treating a person with dementia;
- Describe the current statewide and national efforts to end the misuse of psychotropic drugs on people with dementia
- Describe the risks and benefits of psychotropic drugs as a treatment for dementia.
Speaker: Tony Chicotel, Staff Attorney, California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform
- 1 CEU is available through the Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- This webinar costs $15.
- After registering you will be directed to the “Eventbrite” page to purchase a ticket. Upon purchasing the ticket, you will be approved for the webinar and sent a link to access it.