FCA Thanks Stavros Niarchos Foundation
Family Caregiver Alliance extends a deep thank you to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation for a grant allowing FCA to redesign the caregiver.org website you are currently visiting. The funds received from SNF not only allowed us to refocus our caregiver content, but also to implement a more user-friendly content management system, and develop communication channels to better support family caregivers.
Additional resources we currently provide to family caregivers, have been able to build out for this audience, or plan to implement in the near future with Stavros Niarchos Foundation grant funds include:
- Fact Sheets (detailed informational handouts on health, legal or medical topics with the caregiver perspective in mind)
- Tip Sheets (bulleted lists of quick but essentail tips for the busy caregiver)
- Work Sheets (helpful checklists for caregivers to organize their care recipient’s information)
- Video Demonstrations (typical direct care skills within a home environment)
- Companion pieces to accompany/reinforce the video demos
Topics for development of consumer information emerge from what families tell us they need through our 800 number, our website and social media channels, as well as our highly trained staff who identify gaps in information through in-home visits. With the generosity of grantors like the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, FCA is able to keep family caregivers educated, aware, and equipped with the tools and resources they need to care successfully for their loved ones.
Thank you, Stavros-Niarchos!