Medicare is a government health insurance program for adults age 65 and older, some people under age 65 with disabilities, and people with End-Stage Renal disease:
- Part A covers hospital costs as well as limited skilled nursing, home health and hospice care, without a monthly premium.
- Part B covers medical costs, such as doctor's visits and outpatient care, to those who pay a monthly premium.
- Part D includes limited prescription drug coverage through private insurance companies for those who choose to pay a monthly premium.
In California, call:
- U.S. citizen or legal resident
- Any adult age 65 or older OR any adult receiving Social Security Disability Insurance OR any adult with End-Stage Renal Disease or ALS