Thank you for your interest in employment at Family Caregiver Alliance. We are currently hiring for the following positions:
San Francisco | close to Muni and BART | full-time M-F
Family Caregiver Alliance (FCA), a nonprofit organization, works locally and nationally to improve the quality of life for family caregivers of adults living with chronic, disabling health conditions, through services, education, advocacy and research. The FCA staff is committed to the mission of the organization, and is welcoming and collegial.
This Administrative Assistant position is an integral part of the FCA team as the first point of phone contact with family/partner caregivers, professional colleagues and other callers. Duties also include clerical, administrative tasks of varying complexity including light database tasks. Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position works in concert with the Senior Administrative Assistant.
The successful candidate will be a friendly, service-oriented, capable individual with excellent attention to detail, who will be responsive to cross-department needs and will represent the agency's mission with good judgment and integrity.
- Answers calls on multi-line phone set; prioritizes and triages calls expeditiously and accurately to the appropriate staff member; provides callers with information and referral as appropriate. Greets visitors to the office, immediately notifies appropriate staff, and ensures that visitor is comfortable until the appropriate employee is available.
- Monitors and routes email communication from general agency email box. Forwards requests to appropriate staff for follow-up. Sorts and distributes incoming land mail and provides assistance as needed with processing outgoing mail; assists with preparation of bulk mailings (stuffing envelopes, labeling, addressing, etc.)
- Maintains tracking of staff schedules in and out of the office, and vacation schedules.
- Maintains contacts in Salesforce online database. Additionally, enters data into proprietary and Microsoft Office Suite databases.
- Prepares the monthly staff meeting agenda for the meeting chair and attends the staff meeting, takes notes and posts the notes for staff reference.
- Assists with grant funded special project(s) e.g. tracking incoming proposals, prepares proposals for reviewers, tracks and triages questions to appropriate staff, and assists with event planning.
- Inventories, orders and shelves office supplies as needed.
- Performs other clerical and administrative support duties as assigned.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Friendly, professional, can-do attitude. Asks questions, offers suggestions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong computer skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Internet savvy and skilled at looking up accurate information for callers
- Strong organizational skills, and detail oriented
- Reliable, punctual and trustworthy
- Has the ability to learn quickly and to multitask
- 2 or 4-yr college degree
- 1 year of relevant paid work experience (2 yrs unpaid work experience will be considered)
- Some work experience — paid or volunteer — with a non-profit organization
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 pounds (usually a file box or office supplies)
- Additional Desired Qualifications
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English
- Successful experience using Salesforce non-profit software
- $15–$16.50/hour (based on experience). Full Time (37.5/hr week) Monday–Friday
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation, sick leave
- Company paid health, dental, and vision care (100% employee)
- 403(b) retirement with discretionary company match
FCA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Interested parties should forward a resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
Be sure to write Admin Assistant in the subject line. The person in this position was promoted to a new position at FCA. We are looking to hire the right person to fill this position immediately.
To learn more about Family Caregiver Alliance please visit us online at www.caregiver.org.
Part Time Volunteer Junior Accountant and Vouchered Services Coordinator
Family Caregiver Alliance is seeking a self-starter to support the Fiscal Operations of FCA. The position reports to the Senior Accountant and also works with the Fiscal Director on projects.
This is an excellent opportunity in the non-profit industry sector for a student aspiring to an accounting career. You will receive opportunities to translate you accounting knowledge into accounting and financial reporting skills.
The successful candidate for this volunteer position will enhance their understanding of internal controls, accounting and financial processes as well rapidly developing financial reporting and accounting skills and skills in the transaction processing areas (payables, billing, general ledger).
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity requiring 16 hours a week during the school year and addition hours during the non-school periods. The additional hours in the non-school year periods are focused on enhanced training. Our work program is designed to provide you with skills that will make you more competitive in the process of obtaining your initial accounting position upon graduation.
- General Ledger activities, including journal entry, account analysis and reconciliation
- Financial report preparation
- Accounts Payable Processing and Control
- Billing and Cash Receipts Processing and Reporting
- Administration of Program Service Activities
- Contract Analysis and Reporting
- Budget/Actual Financial Analysis
- Support of the Fiscal Director, as required
Qualification and Skills:
- University degree candidate with successfully completed courses in accounting, (Introductory and Intermediate Accounting)
- Student seeing degree with an emphasis in accounting
- Competency in Excel
- Self-directed; seeks technical and professional growth opportunities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong visual presentation skills, strong verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail, well organized
- This is a volunteer opportunity (transportation subsidy and meal allowance provided)
To apply, send your resume and a cover in the body of an email to Stephen Hu, Fiscal Director, Family Caregiver Alliance at: [email protected] Please do not send attachments; they will not be opened.
For information on other volunteer opportunities, send an email to info (at) caregiver (dot) org, call (800) 445-8106 or visit FCA's page on VolunteerMatch.
return to top