Thank you for your interest in employment at Family Caregiver Alliance. We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Part-Time Policy Specialist
Family Caregiver Alliance (FCA) is seeking a graduate-level student in public policy to conduct research on state and national policies across healthcare, social services, and employment sectors that relate to supporting unpaid family caregivers. FCA’s mission is to improve the quality of life for family caregivers with adult-onset of cognitive and physical disabilities through services, research, education, and advocacy. FCA is a central source of information and technical assistance on caregiving and long-term care for policymakers, families, health and social service providers, media, program developers, and funders.
- Conduct research on state and national service eligibility criteria for family caregivers and care recipients; cull policy changes for updating the Family Care Navigator/State pages and aggregate information for Caregiving Policy Digest e-newsletter and occasional blog pieces on changes in consumer services and policies for a national readership.
- Monitor state and federal activities in caregiving and home and community-based care through email subscriptions, attending webinar trainings, literature reviews and direct contact with state and federal agencies, researchers, non-profit agencies, and businesses.
- Strong writing skills, with experience in quickly familiarizing oneself with new topics, identifying key points, and positioning information across various media platforms.
- Understanding of the needs of family caregivers, support services and programs, and long-term care issues.
- Expertise in electronic communication and research.
- Familiarity with state and federal legislative process is a plus.
- Reports to the Executive Director.
- Works closely with other FCA staff and consultants.
- Works closely with outside sources to compile information and conduct research, policy analysis, and technical assistance needed to fulfill position.
- $18/hour for 10–15 hours/week. Flexible start and end dates.
- Send résumé and cover letter in the body of an email to [email protected].
- Résumés will be accepted until November 5, 2016.
- Local candidates only: San Francisco, CA 94103
- Required education: Bachelor’s
Part Time Volunteer Junior Accountant and
Vouchered Services Coordinator
Family Caregiver Alliance is seeking a self-starter to support the Fiscal Operations of FCA. The position reports to the Senior Accountant and also works with the Fiscal Director on projects.
This is an excellent opportunity in the non-profit industry sector for a student aspiring to an accounting career. You will receive opportunities to translate you accounting knowledge into accounting and financial reporting skills.
The successful candidate for this volunteer position will enhance their understanding of internal controls, accounting and financial processes as well rapidly developing financial reporting and accounting skills and skills in the transaction processing areas (payables, billing, general ledger).
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity requiring 16 hours a week during the school year and addition hours during the non-school periods. The additional hours in the non-school year periods are focused on enhanced training. Our work program is designed to provide you with skills that will make you more competitive in the process of obtaining your initial accounting position upon graduation.
- General Ledger activities, including journal entry, account analysis and reconciliation
- Financial report preparation
- Accounts Payable Processing and Control
- Billing and Cash Receipts Processing and Reporting
- Administration of Program Service Activities
- Contract Analysis and Reporting
- Budget/Actual Financial Analysis
- Support of the Fiscal Director, as required
Qualification and Skills:
- University degree candidate with successfully completed courses in accounting, (Introductory and Intermediate Accounting)
- Student seeing degree with an emphasis in accounting
- Competency in Excel
- Self-directed; seeks technical and professional growth opportunities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong visual presentation skills, strong verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail, well organized
- This is a volunteer opportunity (transportation subsidy and meal allowance provided)
To apply, send your resume and a cover in the body of an email to Stephen Hu, Fiscal Director, Family Caregiver Alliance at [email protected]. Please do not send attachments; they will not be opened.
For information on other volunteer opportunities, send an email to info (at) caregiver (dot) org, call (800) 445-8106 or visit FCA's page on VolunteerMatch.
return to top