Caregivers of LGBTQ+ Older Adults of Color
We are researchers at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro conducting a research study on the experiences of caregiving for older LGBTQ+ adults of Color. For the purpose of the study, we are intending to explore how informal caregivers make sense of their lived experiences with caregiving for older LGBTQ+ adults of Color.
Study participation entails:
- One 30-minute screening interview over the phone
- Two of 60-90 minutes interviews each on Zoom (only audio will be recorded)
- Two member-check meetings of no more than 30 minutes that will not be recorded.
To compensate you for your time, we will be offering up to $80 in gift cards for your participation. Completion of each interview and member-check meeting will result in a $20 gift card.
You would be eligible to participate if:
- You are 18 years or older
- You are currently in the caregiving role for a family member, intimate partner, or friend
- Your care-receiver is an older (50+) LGBTQ+ adult of Color (Black, Indigenous, or Person of Color)
If you would like to participate or have any questions about this study, please contact us at LGBTQCaregiverResearch@gmail.com.
This study has been approved by The University of North Carolina at Greensboro Office of Research Integrity.
Please feel free to forward this information to any individuals that may be eligible to participate. Thank you very much for your gracious time and consideration to support this study!