UW Caregiver Study: Caring for a Parent who Harmed You
Researchers at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Sandra Rosenbaum School of Social Work are seeking participants for a research study looking at the experiences of adult children who are currently caregiving for a parent who harmed them in childhood. The goal of the study is to gain an understanding of your needs and how healthcare professionals can best support you.
You may be eligible to participate if:
- You are 18+ years old
- You can speak and read in English
- You were harmed by a parent as a child and currently act as a caregiver for this parent
- Your parent has a serious illness or is near the end of life
- A 1-hour virtual interview (phone or video call)
- Answering questions about your experiences as a caregiver and in childhood, motivations for caregiving, and interactions with healthcare professionals.
- You will receive a $25 electronic gift card upon completion of the interview.
For more information, please contact Jaime Goldberg, MSW, LCSW or Jooyoung Kong, MSW, PhD (faculty advisor) at UWCaregiverStudy@mailplus.wisc.edu or 608-285-2188 (call or text).