Seasons of Care: Wellness and Self-Care for the Family Caregiver
This webinar took place on Thursday November 8th, 2012, 11:00 - 12:00 p.m. (Pacific Time)
- Download the Powerpoint Slides
- Listen/watch to the recorded webinar (Launches the recorded webinar in Windows Media Player.)
- Using a Mac? (VLC Media Player is free to download, compatible with OSX, and plays .WMV files saved on your computer or streamed online.)
FCA and webinar speakers, Andrea Sherman, PhD., and Marsha Weiner, MA, (both Co-Founders of Transitional Keys & Seasons of Care), conduct a conversation on Wellness and Self-Care for the Family Caregiver.
- Understanding the value of wellness and self-care for themselves
- Becoming inspired and motivated to integrate self-care into their daily life
- Learning how to identify daily opportunities for self-care
- Creating opportunities to rekindle joy, and strengthen inner resilience
Andrea is a gerontologist, public speaker, and choreographer. Co-Founder and President of Transitional Keys, and their program Seasons of Care. Dr. Sherman is Senior Curriculum Director for the National Center for Creative Aging, Consults with the Washington DC Area Geriatric Education Center Consortium, was Project Director of the Consortium of New York Geriatric Education Centers, and is a Fellow of the New York Academy of Medicine and the Gerontological Society of America.
Marsha is trained as hospital chaplain and in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction meditation. A teacher, writer, and producer, Marsha has given workshops and presentations at Kripalu Yoga and Wellness Center, George Washington University Summer Institute for Grief, Loss and Life Transitions, George Washington University Nurse Leadership Institute, Hebrew Home of Greater Washington DC, and others.
For more information, contact FCA's Education Coordinator at (800) 445-8106.