Thank you for your interest in employment at Family Caregiver Alliance.
We currently have the following openings:
FLSA Status: Exempt
Family Caregiver Alliance (FCA), a nationally recognized nonprofit organization, works through direct services, caregiver education, grassroots advocacy, and collaborative research to improve the quality of life for family, partner and friend caregivers of adults living with chronic, disabling health conditions. FCA staff actively seeks out innovative solutions to caregiver challenges and engages in the use of technology to expand our service reach.
This role will support the Executive Director (ED) and assist in operations for Family Caregiver Alliance. The Executive Assistant must be able to anticipate the needs of the ED and support the broader work and needs of FCA. The Executive Assistant should have a deep understanding of FCA’s services and how FCA works with and supports local and national government organizations, healthcare providers, family caregivers and non-profit partners.
- Manage the Executive Director’s schedule, i.e., meetings, arrange travel and other day to day activities. Exercise strong judgment and be able to prioritize schedules for ED’s time.
- Attend meetings with the ED, take notes, document/organize meeting content, assign, calendar, and follow-up on action items. Maintain ED’s files and copies of correspondence.
- Assist ED with FCA Board related activities including report preparation and tracking strategic and quality metrics.
- Assist the Operations group with Human Resources activities e.g., Recruiting, on-boarding, benefits and other administrative activities as requested.
- Support ongoing relationships with external partners, funders, and others. Maintain lists, draft follow-up communication. Identify, research, and recommend new potential relationships.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness, e.g. finding ways to improve a system for tracking follow-up actions, relationship management, and grantor communication tracking, guide efficient document filing and retrieval processes.
- Work with FCA teams preparing internal and external meetings, events, presentations, and conferences.
- Contribute to FCA projects that may span a variety of areas i.e., relationship development, annual planning, human resources and grant funded projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent organization skills and judgment, ability to prioritize.
- Strong written communicator, can translate high-level guidance into coherent outlines/summaries, talking points, follow-ups.
- Consistent and timely responsiveness.
- Experience supporting and anticipating the needs of executive level staff.
- Represents FCA in a Professional manner with all internal and external customers.
- Strong knowledge and ability to use different technologies and tools (Microsoft Office 365, Zoom, Constant Contact, Survey Monkey, and others…)
- Understand and embrace nonprofit culture of collaboration and cooperation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of experience as Executive Assistant or similar role involving high-level support.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds on occasion e.g., boxes of office paper, supplies, files, or similar.
- Experience working in anon-profit, healthcare or an organization serving family caregivers is a plus. working with older adults, caregivers and/or disabled adults; personal experience and volunteer experience a plus.
- Proficient computer skills: electronic record system training provided.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range of $58,000 – $67,000
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time
- Company pays 100% of health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 403b retirement plan with discretionary company match
FCA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a group of dedicated professionals working together to advocate, educate and promote positive outcomes for family caregivers.
Qualified individuals should forward a resume and cover letter to: FamilyCareGiveJobs@gmail.com Be sure to write Executive Assistant in the subject line.