Advocacy, Legislation, Reports, and News
FCA as a Leader in Caregiver Policy
Since its inception, Family Caregiver Alliance has been a leader in caregiver advocacy, research, and strategic partnerships. We take pride in our work shaping policies and programs to create meaningful and sustainable support systems for family caregivers. Our team has been invited to serve on policy advisory groups, advise caregiver research programs, and connect with federal agencies. We have also played an integral role in the development of California paid family leave policies, healthcare improvements, and the CARE (Caregiver Advise Record and Enable) Act. We are committed to continuing our efforts to improve the lives of caregivers through policy changes and research advancements.
Family Caregiver Alliance advocates for policies based on the following goals:
- Accessible, culturally relevant, person and family centered services.
- Support for the financial wellbeing of family caregivers.
- Improved caregiver physical and mental wellbeing.
- Recognition of caregivers’ role in health care and long-term services and supports.
- Amplification of caregiver voice, experience, and perspectives.
- Data informed and measured.