What are some examples of the approved Caregiver benefits for the Post 9/11 Program?
- Training and education
- Technical support to assist with questions on caregiving
- Counseling and mental health services
- Respite care (30 days annually, including 24 hours in-home respite care)
- Lodging and subsistence payments when you accompany the veteran on medical care visits
- CHAMPVA program (Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veteran’s Affairs), if not covered by another plan.