Jobs at FCA
- Family Consultant, Full Time
- Part Time Volunteer Junior Accountant and Vouchered Services Coordinator
- Volunteer Opportunities
This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled human services professional seeking to work for a not-profit organization serving family caregivers. FCA’s Family Consultant is responsible for conducting comprehensive caregiver assessments, care and resource planning and providing on-going consultation (in-home, by phone and videoconference) with caregivers, care receivers and and their family. Responsibilities also include working with service referral sources, representing FCA at community meetings and general efforts to advocate for and reach family caregivers throughout the community. This position reports to the Director of Programs & Services.
- Conduct comprehensive assessment, community resource consultation and care planning in partnership with caregiving client and their family.
- Timely and accurate response to phone, email and online web portal inquiries from family/friend/partner caregivers.
- Provide education and skill building training for caregivers on such topics as self-care and stress reduction, managing challenging dementia care behaviors, care management strategies, family dynamics, problem solving and effective communication technique.
- Meet or exceed contract service delivery targets.
- Utilize electronic record system to document all client service units and notes.
- Accurate documentation of units of service and client data for funding and research reports.
- Initiate respite service and track utilization including, eligibility assessment, voucher authorization and monitoring of amount and quality of services provided.
- Facilitate psycho-educational classes and/or support groups.
- Provide short-term counseling to caregivers.
- Present clear and concise case histories at department case conferences on an as needed basis
- Initiate outreach and deliver presentations to community organizations and caregiver groups.
- Participate in professional development in-services and outside trainings as appropriate and to keep current with aging, disability and caregiving best practices.
- Work collaboratively as part of a team on agency initiatives as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues of family/friend/partner caregiving
- Ability to communicate proficiently in Spanish and English strongly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to maintain client confidentiality.
- Experience researching and providing information and assistance.
- Public speaking skills to engage caregivers and caregiving professionals.
- Experience or strong desire to work with senior adult and those caring for people with chronic, debilitating health conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as an active team member.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong, compassionate problem solving skills, including the ability to provide essential information to empower the caregiving family to make informed decisions.
- Experience in facilitating individual and group counseling.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Comfort and proficiency using computer and other digital technology.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Additional Desirable Skills and Abilities:
- Interest in FCA’s work on behalf of family caregivers and values consistent with those of a non-profit organization.
- Previous experience in and knowledge of community based health and human services.
- Requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social work, marriage & family counseling, gerontology, mental health or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Two year of experience working with older adults, caregivers and/or disabled adults. Personal experience and volunteer experience will be considered.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Proficient computer skills. Electronic record system training provided.
- California driver’s license and/or reliable dependable access to transportation for home visits, community meetings and presentations throughout the SF Bay Area.
- Benefits include vacation, sick leave, company paid health, dental and vision care
- 403(b) with generous discretionary company match
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected] Please do not send attachments. Write FAMILY CONSULTANT in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
FCA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and benefits from employing a diverse workforce. For more information about Family Caregiver Alliance, please visit us online at http://www.caregiver.org
Family Caregiver Alliance is seeking a self-starter to support the Fiscal Operations of FCA. The position reports to the Senior Accountant and also works with the Fiscal Director on projects.
This is an excellent opportunity in the non-profit industry sector for a student aspiring to an accounting career. You will receive opportunities to translate you accounting knowledge into accounting and financial reporting skills.
The successful candidate for this volunteer position will enhance their understanding of internal controls, accounting and financial processes as well rapidly developing financial reporting and accounting skills and skills in the transaction processing areas (payables, billing, general ledger).
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity requiring 16 hours a week during the school year and addition hours during the non-school periods. The additional hours in the non-school year periods are focused on enhanced training. Our work program is designed to provide you with skills that will make you more competitive in the process of obtaining your initial accounting position upon graduation.
- General Ledger activities, including journal entry, account analysis and reconciliation
- Financial report preparation
- Accounts Payable Processing and Control
- Billing and Cash Receipts Processing and Reporting
- Administration of Program Service Activities
- Contract Analysis and Reporting
- Budget/Actual Financial Analysis
- Support of the Fiscal Director, as required
Qualification and Skills:
- University degree candidate with successfully completed courses in accounting, (Introductory and Intermediate Accounting)
- Student seeing degree with an emphasis in accounting
- Competency in Excel
- Self-directed; seeks technical and professional growth opportunities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong visual presentation skills, strong verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail, well organized
- This is a volunteer opportunity (transportation subsidy and meal allowance provided)
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter in the body of an email to Stephen Hu, Fiscal Director, Family Caregiver Alliance at [email protected]. Please do not send attachments; they will not be opened.
For information on other volunteer opportunities, send an email to info (at) caregiver (dot) org, call (800) 445-8106 or visit FCA's page on VolunteerMatch.