Jobs at FCA
- Caregiver Resource Specialist — Full Time
- Part Time Volunteer Junior Accountant and Vouchered Services Coordinator
- Volunteer Opportunities
Family Caregiver Alliance (FCA), a nationally recognized nonprofit organization, works through direct services, caregiver education, grassroots advocacy and collaborative research to improve the quality of life for family, partner and friend caregivers of adults living with chronic, disabling health conditions.
This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled social service professional seeking to work with a not-for-profit organization serving family caregivers locally and nationally. The Caregiver Resource Specialist assists callers and those who inquire online with identifying and prioritize their individual needs while aiding in problem-solving and identifying resources. This position reports to the Director of Programs & Services.
- Respond to phone, email and online web portal inquiries from family/friend/partner caregivers
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive knowledge of FCA intake criteria and FCA caregiver resources
- Research and provide accurate information and referral to human service organizations. Assist callers in locating or identifying alternatives when resources are not available
- Maintain consistently high standards of interviewing while maintaining caller confidentiality
- Maintain accurate caller data records by collecting needed information according organization standards and contract metrics
- Additional projects as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bilingual/bicultural capability in Spanish
- Ability to clearly understand and convey FCA’s resources and a familiarity with eligibility guidelines
- General knowledge about health and human services providers within the community and appropriate referral practices
- Demonstrates a high degree of professional judgement in problem solving and making appropriate referrals
- Strong professional and compassionate phone etiquette skills
- Confident computer proficiency required with the ability to accurately use the in-house electronic record system
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals
- Must be flexible, reliable and have the ability to work autonomously, as well as in a supportive/team based environment
Additional Desirable Skills and Abilities
- Strong interest in FCA’s work on behalf of family caregivers and values consistent with those of not-for-profit organizations
- Previous experience in and knowledge of the health and human service system
- Requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling or a related field
- At least one years of experience working with older adults, caregivers and/or disabled adults. Experience in information and assistance is necessary
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, databases, etc.)
- Salary Range 35K – 37K
- Fringe benefits including vacation, sick leave, company paid health, dental and vision care insurance
- 403(b) with discretionary company match
Send résumé and cover letter in the body of an email to Michelle Venegas, Director of Programs and Services, [email protected].
FCA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and benefits from employing a diverse workforce. For more information about Family Caregiver Alliance, please visit us online at www.caregiver.org.
Family Caregiver Alliance is seeking a self-starter to support the Fiscal Operations of FCA. The position reports to the Senior Accountant and also works with the Fiscal Director on projects.
This is an excellent opportunity in the non-profit industry sector for a student aspiring to an accounting career. You will receive opportunities to translate you accounting knowledge into accounting and financial reporting skills.
The successful candidate for this volunteer position will enhance their understanding of internal controls, accounting and financial processes as well rapidly developing financial reporting and accounting skills and skills in the transaction processing areas (payables, billing, general ledger).
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity requiring 16 hours a week during the school year and addition hours during the non-school periods. The additional hours in the non-school year periods are focused on enhanced training. Our work program is designed to provide you with skills that will make you more competitive in the process of obtaining your initial accounting position upon graduation.
- General Ledger activities, including journal entry, account analysis and reconciliation
- Financial report preparation
- Accounts Payable Processing and Control
- Billing and Cash Receipts Processing and Reporting
- Administration of Program Service Activities
- Contract Analysis and Reporting
- Budget/Actual Financial Analysis
- Support of the Fiscal Director, as required
Qualification and Skills:
- University degree candidate with successfully completed courses in accounting, (Introductory and Intermediate Accounting)
- Student seeing degree with an emphasis in accounting
- Competency in Excel
- Self-directed; seeks technical and professional growth opportunities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong visual presentation skills, strong verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail, well organized
- This is a volunteer opportunity (transportation subsidy and meal allowance provided)
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter in the body of an email to Stephen Hu, Fiscal Director, Family Caregiver Alliance at [email protected]. Please do not send attachments; they will not be opened.
For information on other volunteer opportunities, send an email to info (at) caregiver (dot) org, call (800) 445-8106 or visit FCA's page on VolunteerMatch.