Jobs at FCA
Family Caregiver Alliance is seeking a self-starter to support the Fiscal Operations of FCA. The position reports to the Senior Accountant and also works with the Fiscal Director on projects.
This is an excellent opportunity in the non-profit industry sector for a student aspiring to an accounting career. You will receive opportunities to translate you accounting knowledge into accounting and financial reporting skills.
The successful candidate for this volunteer position will enhance their understanding of internal controls, accounting and financial processes as well rapidly developing financial reporting and accounting skills and skills in the transaction processing areas (payables, billing, general ledger).
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity requiring 16 hours a week during the school year and addition hours during the non-school periods. The additional hours in the non-school year periods are focused on enhanced training. Our work program is designed to provide you with skills that will make you more competitive in the process of obtaining your initial accounting position upon graduation.
- General Ledger activities, including journal entry, account analysis and reconciliation
- Financial report preparation
- Accounts Payable Processing and Control
- Billing and Cash Receipts Processing and Reporting
- Administration of Program Service Activities
- Contract Analysis and Reporting
- Budget/Actual Financial Analysis
- Support of the Fiscal Director, as required
Qualification and Skills:
- University degree candidate with successfully completed courses in accounting, (Introductory and Intermediate Accounting)
- Student seeing degree with an emphasis in accounting
- Competency in Excel
- Self-directed; seeks technical and professional growth opportunities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong visual presentation skills, strong verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail, well organized
- This is a volunteer opportunity (transportation subsidy and meal allowance provided)
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter in the body of an email to Stephen Hu, Fiscal Director, Family Caregiver Alliance at [email protected]. Please do not send attachments; they will not be opened.
For information on other volunteer opportunities, send an email to info (at) caregiver (dot) org, call (800) 445-8106 or visit FCA's page on VolunteerMatch.