Huntington’s Disease Caregiver Resource Guide
See accompanying video, Huntington’s Disease Caregivers: You’re Not Alone.
- Huntington’s Disease Society of America (HDSA) website
- FCA Huntington’s Disease article
- HDSA Helpline 800-345-HDSA (4372)
Staffed by trained HD social workers as a resource for HD families and professionals.
- FCA Grief and Loss
- FCA Holding a Family Meeting
- FCA The Emotional Side of Caregiving
- HDSA Caregiver Services and Resources
- HDSA Suicide Prevention
- HDSA Support Groups
- HDSA Talking With Kids About HD
- HDSA Telehealth
Free program to connect HD community with qualified HD knowledgeable mental health therapists.
- AARP Family Caregiving How-To Video Series
- Eldercare Locator
A public service to connect individuals to community services for older adults and their families.
- FCA Caregiving at Home: A Guide to Community Resources
- FCA Family Caregiver Services by State
Online tool to help family caregivers locate public, nonprofit, and private programs and services.
- FCA Hiring In-Home Help article
- FCA Residential Care Options: Five Tip Sheets
- HDSA Locate Resources in Your Area
- I Have HD Card
- VA Caregiver Support Program
Legal and Financial Planning
- FCA Legal Planning for Incapacity
- National Academy for Elder Law Attorneys
Consumer resource directory for individuals to find elder and special needs law attorneys.
- HDSA Trial Finder
- Research and Trials: HD Buzz
Need More Info?
- Search our extensive library of resources under All Resources on our website.
- Sign up for CareNav™, a free online dashboard (+ customized resources) for family caregivers.
- Need additional help? Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.445.8106.
For more than 40 years, Family Caregiver Alliance has worked to improve the quality of life for family caregivers and their care recipients through services, education, advocacy and research. We support and assist caregivers of adults with chronic or disabling health conditions regardless of race, ancestry, national origin, creed, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, disability, income, or age.
This guide was underwritten with funding from Adira Foundation with additional support from other generous donors and produced by Family Caregiver Alliance.