Need Caregiving Resources?
Family Caregiver Alliance’s CareNav Provides Free, Personalized Support and Services
When you’re caring for a family member who has a chronic health condition, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed, stressed and isolated. We want you to know you’re not alone — and that we can help.
For more than 40 years, Family Caregiver Alliance has given caregivers like you the expert guidance and resources you need to provide the best possible care while also improving your own emotional health and well-being.
FCA CareNav: Created by caregivers for caregivers
CareNav is an online tool that takes the guesswork out of caregiving. It saves you time and energy, giving you only the relevant information you need. With CareNav, you have a personalized dashboard loaded with resources tailored to your life and caregiving situation. CareNav is:
- Free to all caregivers
- Convenient, with 24/7 accessibility
- Simple and user-friendly
- Secure and private
- Ready when you are – sign up in 15 mins!
What kind of resources?
FCA CareNav provides one easy-to-use, customized dashboard where you can navigate and access the information, support and resources you need, such as:
- Articles, tip sheets and fact sheets on relevant caregiving topics
- Information about your care recipient’s condition
- Webinars and online videos
- Support groups
- State and national caregiving resources
- Self-care resources to boost your emotional health and well-being
- Referrals to local resources and support in your area
All resources are vetted by experts to give you only current, high-quality information that is useful and relevant.
How does it work?
After entering basic information about yourself, your care recipient and your caregiving situation, CareNav pulls vetted caregiving resources from multiple sources to load your personalized dashboard with only those resources that you need. You can access them 24/7, using CareNav as a go-to hub of tailored information, support and expert guidance for your unique caregiving situation.
CareNav’s secure platform ensures that your account information stays protected and private. Signing up only takes 15 minutes – and even after you’ve created your dashboard, you can call us anytime with questions or for more info!
Do you live in the San Francisco Bay Area?
If you’re a family caregiver in one of the Bay Area’s six counties*, CareNav offers expanded benefits at no cost.
- Comprehensive caregiver assessment
- Customized caregiver action plan
- Personalized, ongoing 1:1 support with a professional family consultant
- Access to local classes, webinars, support groups and other educational materials
- Referrals to community programs in your area
No matter where you are on your caregiving journey, sign up for CareNav today so that you have the right resources at the right time – all in one convenient place.
Join CareNav today. Click here.
Eligibility – FCA works with caregivers of individuals with adult-onset brain impairment such as Alzheimer’s disease, stroke, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, ALS, Huntington’s disease, TBI, HIV-associated neurocognitive disorder or brain tumor. Also eligible are caregivers of those aged 60 and older, regardless of diagnosis or income level in select Bay Area counties.
* Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara counties