Parkinson’s Disease Caregiver Resource Guide
See accompanying video, Parkinson’s Disease Caregivers: You’re Not Alone.
- American Parkinson’s Disease Association (APDA)
- Family Caregiver Alliance (FCA) Parkinson’s Disease and Caregiving
- Michael J. Fox Foundation
- Parkinson and Movement Disorder Alliance (PMDA)
- Parkinson’s Foundation
Helpline 1-800-4PD-INFO (1-800-473-4636)
- FCA Grief and Loss
- FCA Holding a Family Meeting
- FCA The Emotional Side of Caregiving
- PMDA Support Groups
- AARP Family Caregiving How-To Video Series
- APDA ID Card
- Eldercare Locator
A public service to connect individuals to community services for older adults and their families.
- FCA Caregiving at Home: A Guide to Community Resources
- FCA Family Caregiver Services by State
Online tool to help family caregivers locate public, nonprofit, and private programs and services.
- FCA Hiring In-Home Help
- FCA Residential Care Options: Five Tip Sheets
- Parkinson’s Foundation Veterans and Parkinson’s Disease
- VA Caregiver Support Program
Legal and Financial Planning
- FCA Legal Planning for Incapacity
- National Academy for Elder Law Attorneys
Consumer resource directory for individuals to find elder and special needs law attorneys.
Medical Care and Research
- Parkinson’s Foundation Centers of Excellence
- Parkinson’s Foundation Parkinson Hospital Kit
- Parkinson’s Foundation – PD Clinical Trials
Need More Info?
- Search our extensive library of resources under All Resources on our website.
- Sign up for CareNav™, a free online dashboard (+ customized resources) for family caregivers.
- Need additional help? Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.445.8106.
Many FCA resources, including some above, are available in Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Tagalog, and/or Korean.
Visit Our Website, Email, or Call Today
www.caregiver.org | email@example.com | 415.434.3388 | 800.445.8106
For more than 40 years, Family Caregiver Alliance has worked to improve the quality of life for family caregivers and their care recipients through services, education, advocacy and research. We support and assist caregivers of adults with chronic or disabling health conditions regardless of race, ancestry, national origin, creed, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, disability, income, or age.
This guide was underwritten with funding from Adira Foundation with additional support from other generous donors and produced by Family Caregiver Alliance.