Work With Your Siblings To Keep Your Life, Family, and Sanity Intact!
This webinar took place in April 2011.
Francine Russo is the author of They're Your Parents, Too! How Siblings Can Survive Their Parents' Aging Without Driving Each Other Crazy.She is a widely recognized journalist who covered the boomer beat forTime magazine for nearly a decade and authored the "Ask Francine" column.
- Download the Powerpoint Slides (PDF of Work With Your Siblings To Keep Your Life, Family, and Sanity Intact!)
- Launch the recorded webinar (opensin Windows Media Player.)
- Using a Mac? (VLC Media Player is free to download, compatible with OSX, and plays .WMV files saved on your computer or streamed online.)
The types of family caregiving we're seeing today are new in our time due in great part to advances in medical care that lead to people living longer lives. This means that many of today's adult siblings have no model or script for how to manage caregiving of aging parents. Francine Russo covers the following topics with experience:
- Managing family dynamics affected by caregiving challenges
- Navigating conflict, guilt and angst
- Utilizing tools and strategies that will help your family
. . . as well as detailing some 'Traps for Caregivers' and how to avoid them, and the need for mutual compassion to help families work together even when they disagree.
This seminar was made possible thanks to the financial support from the Palo Alto Medical Foundation and the Department of Mental Health (DMH) to the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) - formerly the California Deparment of Mental Health. For more information, contact FCA's Education Coordinator at (800) 445-8106.