Top 17 Resources for Family Caregivers
If you’re a family caregiver, you may have questions about your care recipient’s health condition, care planning or how to navigate daily care activities. This one-sheet of top resources provides a wealth of answers and guidance to these questions and more.
This list contains the most popular resources as rated by the family caregivers we’ve served for more than 40 years. We hope they help you too!
The list below can also be downloaded as a PDF with hyperlinks.
TOP 17 RESOURCES FOR FAMILY CAREGIVERS
- Caregiver’s Guide to Understanding Dementia Behaviors
- Dementia: Is This Dementia and What Does It Mean?
- Ten Real-Life Strategies for Dementia Caregiving
Planning for Care
- Hiring In-Home Help
- Caregiving at Home: A Guide to Community Resources
- Residential Care Options: Housing Options
- Hospital Discharge Planning
- Pathways to Effective Communication for Healthcare Providers and Caregivers
- Legal Planning for Incapacity
- Incontinence Care
- Caregiver College video series Covers transfer skills, nutrition, dental care, bathing & dressing, toileting & incontinence, behavioral issues and caregiver self-care.
- Medication Management videos Gives tips on dosage systems, communicating with providers, creating a meds list, and managing medications for people with dementia.
- Family Caregiving How-To video series Provides guidance on specific medical/nursing tasks, such as wound care, mobility, preparing special diets and more.
- Safe at Home video series Covers important home safety matters when caring for those with middle to later stages of dementia.
Resources in multiple languages
Many FCA resources, including some above, are available in Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Tagalog and Korean.
Need more info?
If you need more information, assistance or resources, contact us at 800.445.8106 | firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also sign up for CareNav™, a personalized, private online dashboard of resources matched to your specific caregiving needs. All FCA resources and services are free of charge.